Dear CSPS Parents and Families,
As you are all aware, the Victorian Chief Health Officer has advised that it is safe for Victorian school students and teachers to return to on-site schooling:
* Monday 12th October: All Prep to Year 6 students will return to on-site schooling.
The CSPS teachers and support staff are very happy that we are all finally returning to on-site teaching and learning. It’s been a long haul and there is now excitement in the air, however, we are very mindful of the impact such a long stint of remote learning may have on some of our children and I will address this area in the newsletter next week.
Below are the initial plans that will commence on Monday 12th October. We have tried hard to cover a number of circumstances but understandably this is not always possible. We are looking forward to working with our staff, students and community in the transition back to school. Through reflection, we will be reviewing our practices and making the necessary adjustments. We’d be grateful if parents could complete the survey that will be sent tomorrow to assist us.
Year Prep – 6 Drop Off Arrangements 8:45am – 9:00am:
- At 8:45am, the gates will be unlocked on the basketball court (Bundeera Rd) and the back fence (reserve on Marara Rd).
- Once gates are open, all students will be able to enter school grounds.
- Staff will be at all entry points, welcoming and supporting students to enter the school grounds and walk to their classrooms where their teachers will be waiting.
- Parents are not permitted to enter school grounds during this time. Although parents will be wearing facemasks and practising social distancing at all times, we ask parents to avoid congregating, particularly around the school gates, when dropping children to school.
- Before School Care – Students in before school care will be escorted to their classroom by TeamKids staff at 8:45am.
Pick Up Arrangements:
3:15pm – 3:30pm dismissal for all Prep and Year 2 students
- 3:15pm dismissal for Prep and Year 2 students – All Prep and Year 2 students will be dismissed from the grassland at the back fence (Marara Rd).
- Prep and Year 2 teachers will walk their class to the grassland and line up. Teachers will dismiss students as they sight parents.
- Siblings- If a Prep or Year 2 student has a sibling in Year 1, the Year 1 student will be dismissed with their sibling at the back gate. If a Prep-2 student has a sibling(s) in Yr3-6, the older sibling will be dismissed at the same time and same gate as the younger sibling.
- After school care – Each day, TeamKids will notify CSPS of students booked into after school care. A staff member will collect these students from their classrooms and walk them to after school care. For Prep and Year 2 students (3:15pm dismissal), a staff member will supervise the students in the hall until TeamKids staff take over supervision at 3:30pm.
3:30pm dismissal for all Year 1,3,4,5 and 6 students
- 3:30pm dismissal for Year 1 students – All Year 1 students will be dismissed from the basketball court and exit school grounds from the basketball court gates (Bundeera Rd). Year 1 teachers will dismiss students as they sight parents.
- 3:30pm dismissal for Year 3 students – All Year 3 students will be dismissed from the basketball court and exit school grounds from the basketball court gates (Bundeera Rd). Year 3 teachers will dismiss students as they sight parents.
- 3:30pm dismissal for Yr 4-6 students – Yr 4-6 students will be dismissed from their classrooms and are able to exit from either the back gate or basketball court gates. Yr 4-6 teachers will be out in the yard to support students exiting the school.
- After school Care – Students booked into after school care with TeamKids, will walk directly to the hall following their dismissal at 3:30pm.
Changes to Our School Day:
There are a number of changes that will be in place for the remainder of Term 4:
- Staff and students only permitted in the school grounds. Visitors must call the office first.
- Students will not be able to play in the playground before or after school.
- Please use the services of TeamKids if you are unable to meet the drop off and pick up times.
- Late arrivals and early departures are to be organised prior via phone or email to the office. Parents must not arrive unannounced to the school office at any time.
- All staff will be required to wear face masks at school. Staff have the choice to remove their face masks when face to face teaching.
- Some classroom and specialist activities will take place outdoors (weather permitting). This is to maximise the use of outdoor learning spaces to promote outdoor air ventilation
- No assembly
- No lunch orders
- No drinking from drinking fountains. All students must bring a water bottle to school. This can be refilled.
- No inter-school sport
- No excursions or camps
- Students are to return any equipment/resources from school. This may include exercise books, stationery, maths equipment, etc.
- Please ensure any required medication is returned in your child’s school bag and please notify their teacher that it is there.
- Term 4 is a SunSmart term. Please remember to pack school hats as students will be required to wear them when outdoors. Roll-on sunscreen may also be sent to school for use by children.
Hygiene and Cleaning:
- Each classroom/specialist room will have clear visuals on hygiene practices for all students to follow. This includes hand washing/sanitising before entering class, before/after eating, before recess and lunch playtime, after coughing or sneezing, using tissues appropriately and coughing into elbows.
- Teachers will have regular times throughout each day for handwashing and students will be required to wash their hands outside of these times as required.
- Soap, hand sanitiser and cleaning products are available in every classroom, specialist room and staffrooms across the school.
- Through Department of Education provision and consultation with our cleaning organisation, our increased cleaning schedules have been implemented and will continue. There will be regular and scheduled cleaning throughout the day of toilets, door handles and communally used surfaces. Hand sanitiser and soap will be regularly replenished.
Student Health and Wellbeing:
- In order for us to prevent the spread of COVID-19, any unwell students are to remain at home. This will help is to protect our school and wider community.
- Please do not send your child to school if they present with a runny nose, coughing, sore throat, headache, fever or breathing difficulties.
- If a student presents with one of these symptoms at school, they will be monitored by staff in the First Aid room and parents contacted to collect their child. Please ensure your contact details are up to date and contact the office to make any changes.
Return of loaned devices:
- If you have a device to return that has been loaned to you by the school, please email the classroom teacher and firstname.lastname@example.org prior to returning the device to notify of its return.
- Devices can be placed in the students’ bag and students will then return the device to their classroom teacher.
Thank you for your continued support, understanding and patience throughout this time.
Gayle, Bianca and CSPS Staff